MCS Meds Employee Program
(Eligible: Teachers, Administrators, Support Staff, Dependents, and Retirees enrolled in the MCS Health Plans)
Effective January 1, 2012, Muncie Community Schools made available on a voluntary basis to all teachers and dependents currently enrolled in the health care plan, a new cost saving mail order drug program for brand name prescriptions administered by CanaRx. This is a voluntary program and not replacing your current prescription benefit plan. Members of the non-bargaining health plan have been participating in this program since August 1, 2009.
Advantages of joining the MCS Meds program administered by CanaRx are:
- $0 COPAY for all prescriptions offered through the program.
- Prescriptions shipped directly to your home with no shipping and handling costs.
- No out-of-pocket expenses.
- See a list of brand name prescription medications available here.
How Does it work?
- Review formulary list of brand name prescriptions to determine if any of your current medications are available through this program.
- Before ordering through CanaRx, you or your doctor must attest that you have been taking your prescribed medication for at least 30 days to ensure you do not have any problems with the medication.
- Ask your doctor for a prescription for a 3-month supply with 3 refills.
- Request your doctor to fax your enrollment form and prescription directly to MCS Meds - or - Mail your original prescription and completed enrollment forms to MCS Meds.
- Include a new prescription for each medication being ordered.
- CanaRx will call you prior to each refill to ensure that you have a continuous supply of medications.
- Allow 4 weeks for delivery when ordering new medications.
Click here for: Enrollment Forms
Click here for: Formulary List
CanaRx Contact Information:
- Mail MCS Meds, P.O. Box 44650, Detroit, Michigan 48244-0650
- Fax 1-866-715-(MEDS)6337
- Phone 1-866-893-(MEDS)6337
- Web http://www.mcsmeds.com/