WELCOME TO NORTHSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Important information concerning ICE League Registration:
1. A parent or legal guardian must come in to register their student. At this registration they will be signing the appropriate consent paperwork. Without that paperwork, we cannot allow a student to participate.
2. It is not necessary that students attend registration.
3. Even if a student has not yet turned in an Interest Card, they may still register. Students must have earned at a GPA of at least a 2.0 at the end of the 2016-2017 school year’s 1st semester.
4. ICE League Registration is Wednesday, January 25, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, in the Gymnasium Commons Area of Muncie Central High School. Parents should enter the building through Door 11.
Here is the important information concerning ICE League Draft Day:
1. A parent and their student must come register for the student’s draft number at the appropriate registration time for the division in which the student will play.
2. Students must go through the draft activities to participate in the ICE League, unless cleared by ICE League Commissioner, Tom Lyon.
3. Students will be able to keep their ICE League Draft shirt.
4. Students will be spoken to by the Muncie Central High School coaches, Jeff Holloway and Lisa Blalock.
5. ICE League Draft Day is Saturday, February 4, at the Muncie Central High School Gymnasium. Parents and students should enter through Door 11.
6. ICE League Draft Day Times:
7th Grade Boys – Registration 2:15 – 2:45 pm Draft Workout 2:45 – 4:00 pm
8th Grade Boys – Registration 4:00 – 4:30 pm Draft Workout 4:30 – 5:45 pm
7th and 8th Grade Girls – Registration 5:45 – 6:15 pm Draft Workout 6:15 – 7:30 pm
Additional Important ICE League Information:
Both the student and a parent/legal guardian will be required to attend the 1st practice/parent meeting during the week after the draft, at the center that drafts the student. The centers will set those meeting days and times.
The community centers involved are:
- Boys’ & Girls’ Club of Muncie
- Buley Center
- Ross Center
February PTO will be on February 9 @ 5:15 in the media center.
Reminder: Our doors open each morning at 7:40.
Universal breakfast is provided for those interested.
Stay up-to-date on your student's progress by logging on to INOW under the parent tab.
Winter Sports events are updated on the Events Calendar tab. Check month by month and plan to come out and support the Titans.
Individual team schedules are also updated. Click on Athletics tab at the top. Click on Schedules and your team. Go Titans!
Want to get involved at NMS, check these out: New Clubs starting this semester! Listen for announcements.
Academic Team, Band, Baskteball, Cheerleading, Choir, Cross Country, Drama, FCA, Football, Kick Back and Read, Multicultural Club, National Junior Honor Society, Photography Club, Recycling Club, Spanish Lunch Bunch, Student Council, Swimming, Track, Volleyball, Wrestling.
Ask in the office for more information.
Reminder: We use School Messenger and Twitter to communicate changes in the schedule for evening events. School Messenger will leave a voicemail if there is no answer. Thank you for checking.
Come by and see us. We would love to have you volunteering and a part of our PTO.
The MCS 2016-2017 Student Handbook is posted right here on this page. The link is to the left under announcements. Click on the icon and the handbook will load. Frequently asked questions, times, calendars and expectations are all in one place. Students have been shown the link and pages of their interest. If you have trouble accessing that information, have your student tell us in the office.
Support the Titans by coming out to their events and cheering the teams on to victory. Schedules for our athletic events are on our school calendar by date and under the Athletics tab on this page.
Follow us on Twitter for daily news updates and sneak peeks of our school day. We like to capture the great things occurring at NMS each day. Our Twitter links are to the left on this webpage.
We love having your student here with us at Northside. It is always a great day to be a Titan, working hard and being kind.
Mrs. Samuels, Principal
Forms to See the Mobile Unit Doctor