Welcome to Southside Middle School
Where students think, dream, believe, and achieve.
Important information concerning ICE League Registration:
1. A parent or legal guardian must come in to register their student. At this registration they will be signing the appropriate consent paperwork. Without that paperwork, we cannot allow a student to participate.
2. It is not necessary that students attend registration.
3. Even if a student has not yet turned in an Interest Card, they may still register. Students must have earned at a GPA of at least a 2.0 at the end of the 2016-2017 school year’s 1st semester.
4. ICE League Registration is Wednesday, January 25, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, in the Gymnasium Commons Area of Muncie Central High School. Parents should enter the building through Door 11.
Here is the important information concerning ICE League Draft Day:
1. A parent and their student must come register for the student’s draft number at the appropriate registration time for the division in which the student will play.
2. Students must go through the draft activities to participate in the ICE League, unless cleared by ICE League Commissioner, Tom Lyon.
3. Students will be able to keep their ICE League Draft shirt.
4. Students will be spoken to by the Muncie Central High School coaches, Jeff Holloway and Lisa Blalock.
5. ICE League Draft Day is Saturday, February 4, at the Muncie Central High School Gymnasium. Parents and students should enter through Door 11.
6. ICE League Draft Day Times:
7th Grade Boys – Registration 2:15 – 2:45 pm
Draft Workout 2:45 – 4:00 pm
8th Grade Boys – Registration 4:00 – 4:30 pm
Draft Workout 4:30 – 5:45 pm
7th and 8th Grade Girls – Registration 5:45 – 6:15 pm
Draft Workout 6:15 – 7:30 pm
Additional Important ICE League Information:
Both the student and a parent/legal guardian will be required to attend the 1st practice/parent meeting during the week after the draft, at the center that drafts the student. The centers will set those meeting days and times.
The community centers involved are:
- Boys’ & Girls’ Club of Muncie
- Buley Center
- Ross Center
MEET THE SOUTHSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL
A Message from Mrs. Turner
Welcome back to Southside Middle School! I hope everyone had a relaxing summer break and students are eager to get back to school. Throughout the summer, teachers and administrators have been preparing for the 2016-2017 school year. Again this year, we will set high expectations and goals for our students. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your child. Together, we are partners in your child’s education.
School Closings and Delays
Muncie Community Schools makes every effort to notify school families in the event of school closings or a two-hour delay to the start of the school day. If school is canceled or delayed, we will utilize Honeywell Instant Alert, our phone and email notification system, and our school website, www.muncie.k12.in.us, and our Facebook to notify families. In addition, information will be sent to our local radio stations and the Star Press. The Indianapolis television stations also will be notified.
Forms to See the Mobile Unit Doctor
Southside Middle School
Southside Middle School will provide a learning environment in which students are surrounded
by caring educators who hold high expectationsfor all learners.
Upon leaving Southside Middle School, our students will be
confident in their abilities and prepared for high school.
The Southside Mission Statement was developed by all educators, all students, and members of the community.