In Muncie Community Schools, we believe that every employee is important to the achievement of our mission and vision to be the best choice to learn, work and lead. The success of our school system depends on the talent and commitment of our 500+ employees.
MCS' Human Resources team is here to serve the district’s staff and administration. The HR team builds value in our schools by supporting learners, workers and leaders, and creating an environment where all can thrive. We're committed to attracting excellent staff members, talented teachers and top administrators. Our first-year teachers make a base salary of $51,000 and all teachers receive ongoing professional development.
- Health Insurance Handout 2024
- No deductible or out-of-pocket costs for services through Workplace Health Partners (IU Health Employer Solutions)
- Insurance Premiums
- Prescription Medication Plans
- Life and LTD ($1.00 each per year)
- Employer Retirement Contributions
- Tuition Assistance
- Health and Wellness Opportunities with Ball State University
Muncie Community Schools (MCS) hires substitute teachers on an as-needed basis when school is in session to cover classes when the regular teacher is absent. Daily pay ranges from $75 to $210 based on educational and professional background. To be considered for a substitute position, individuals must:
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Complete an expanded national criminal history background check
- Provide educational transcripts with the highest degree earned upon application
Read the full Substitute job description here and apply using the "VIEW AND APPLY FOR VACANCIES" button above and then clicking on "Substitute" under the Vacancies tab on the left.